Friday, August 20, 2010

For Whom the Bell Tolls - The Bell Tolls For Me

Once again I face the challenge of another year.  It began when I was 60 years old.  Wasn't last year enough? Need I face this Once again as I become 68 years old - I'll face it tomorrow. And - that is an overview of this nemesis. It's an everyday awareness that challenges. 

"Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that" - John Donne (1572-1631)

August 21st, 2010 - 68 years old - woe is me.

I will not be fit for social consumption on this celebrated day
Why so gloomy? - not really, just passing through my thoughts with coffee... great day starting in about 1/2 hour - Boise was a present to me this year.
As for the markets this past week - taking a hit is never pleasant 
As for the Moon and Sky... Mercury begins to retrograde from August 20 to September 12 - a good time to "cool it" - see you all in the fall.... 

No comments: