Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Day After - How Times have Changed

The day after, It's 6am I woke up to a very recent recording by Joni Mitchell - a younger Joni Mitchell was "Vibrant, Released, Reckless Beautiful and Untamed." The last time I viewed her was in the movie about The Band - The Last Waltz.  From there she became lost in time and forgotten to the future. An album emerged in 2004. by Joni Mitchell, in it a current version of "Both Sides Now" - it's a beauty, by an older woman who didn't exactly age the way she started.  The Original Song, as recorded in 1970:



Joni Mitchell

"Bows and flows of angel hair
And Ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But Clouds got in my way..."

Now you can download the song as she sang it in an Album "Dreamland" "Both Sides Now" 2004 (Remastered) Quite the different Joni Mitchelll - and a feel of how she has "changed" in the years.


 Hit "Watch on YouTube"
Roberta Joan Anderson, song writer, artist born 1943

"...But Now it's just another show
You leave'em laughing when you go
And if you care, Don't let them know
Don't give yourself away"

... and yes, as I have completed 70 years myself,

"I've looked at life from both sides now
from up and down and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all"

...personally, I'm ready to move on from here - with a different
approach and calmness.

my suggestion to anyone who reads this note:

Don't ever miss the opportunity to Take a Left Turn, if it presents itself. 

No comments: