Sunday, February 19, 2012

In NYC on Thursdays - Cross the Bridge - free wine tasting 6 to 9pm offered by people with knowledge









153 Franklin Street, Brooklyn, New York
Between India and Java Streets



letters2myneighbors:

Dear Neighbors,
I like wine, but I know nothing about wine. This wine is called Three Little Pigs and it was delicious and my favorite of the night, partially for taste, but mostly for the name. Here is what the wine tastings at Dandelion Wine have taught me so far:
Wine makers are the most laid back people. 
Get there early to get some cheese.
I like wine aged in oak barrels?
Four wines are better than 3.
A whole bottle for yourself is an unreasonable amount of wine in one evening, no matter how much bread and cheese you eat.
I will work on learning more real things about wine. I see people swirling and looking and sniffing. Maybe I will try those things.
-YN


Dear Neighbors,
I like wine, but I know nothing about wine. This wine is called Three Little Pigs and it was delicious and my favorite of the night, partially for taste, but mostly for the name. Here is what the wine tastings at Dandelion Wine have taught me so far:
  • Wine makers are the most laid back people.
  • Get there early to get some cheese.
  • I like wine aged in oak barrels?
  • Four wines are better than 3.
  • A whole bottle for yourself is an unreasonable amount of wine in one evening, no matter how much bread and cheese you eat.
I will work on learning more real things about wine. I see people swirling and looking and sniffing. Maybe I will try those things.
-YN
 35 reviews:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/dandelion-wine-brooklyn

Press:
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/hey-anyone-know-a-dominique-theres-a-package-for-her/
http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/23/spending-time-in-new-york-citys-wine-shops/

Dandelion Wine on Neighborhood Beat from Nick Tilden on Vimeo.

The Free wine tasting has been moved from Fridays to Thursday, early evening

Full disclosure: Lily Echo, the proprietor, is my Daughter, La Nina Bonita, the store dog, was my dog, stolen from me by Lily...and "spoilt"
Long: $INTC, $BHP, $AMGN to a total$ =to $SDS
($SDS in and out daily - to keep the 2 to 1 ultrashort 2 to 1 without choppy dissolution of the multiple)

- From Boise, Idaho* - selected as one of the best Cities in America by the last 5 assorted surveys - please come to visit - but not to stay... please!


* a Lush Green Oasis, in the "high Desert" of the Northwest - 205,000 people who know why they are here. National Airport, one of College Football Greatest Teams (a coach who is sought countrywide, but stays because (it's a secret) ... plenty of great places to eat and Drink - and Stay - Great Whitewater throughout Idaho. Beware: It's a RED STATE, LDS aplenty, who fear us Blue folk - and fear earns respect!

No comments: