Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Technical analysis - my two favorite indicators

Bearish Engulfing Pattern is a large black real body, which engulfs a small white real body in an uptrend (it need not engulf the shadows). The Bearish Engulfing Pattern is an important top reversal signal. (white and green are the same in charts and black and red are the same.

Today, this happened between 12:15 and 1:15 in most stocks and indexes that slid today
(getting out near the top)

If There were a reversal - and there are many indicators of reversals - the BOB is my favorite I learned this from a man who had a blog site named Marilyn - he has since retired his blog.



Double Click for larger image

Technical Analysis along with the removal of the "up-tick rule" in short sales caused what happened today in the last 10 minutes of the stock markets.



Since my charts are in a 15minute time frame - the candles change every 15 minutes
so they appear in the charts - each bar - is 15 minutes of trading at the bottom of the chart
are bars of volume during the same time period.

I hope to learn more every day - it was very helpful today - the charts told me when to get out!


2 comments:

mmTesla said...

Awesome! I trade very similar to that. One of my favorites is looking for blow-off volume, then spotting a candlestick reversal to enter. If you have anymore trade set-ups I would love to see them and learn from them.

mmTesla said...

Awesome! I use the same method, my favorite is looking for blow-off volume then jumping in on a candlestick reversal, my stop method is more similar to yours but I picked it up from Bigalow who has a book on candlestick, but it needed some adaptations, if you have anymore set-ups I would love to see them, my dad says your the best and because you pointed him in the right direction he became a good trader.